Koios has developed a unique Market Analytics system for analyzing the many variables involved in setting a company’s global marketing, investment and sourcing strategies. The system uses the world’s largest and most comprehensive databases of trade, investment and labor data, compiled by the United Nations, the WTO, the World Bank and other bodies, and analytical tools, such as trade flow analysis and value chain analysis, to assess a company’s or a country’s position in key international markets, to identify new marketing, sourcing and investment opportunities, and to integrate these opportunities into a coherent global strategy. This is of benefit to companies seeking a market opportunity and a competitive edge, as well as to countries seeking to attract foreign direct investment and promote exports. Koios can help you:
- Analyze present export markets: Examine the profile and dynamics of export markets for any product; assess the value, size, and concentration of exports; and highlight countries where market share has increased
- Select priority markets: View the world’s major importing countries for your products, illustrate the extent of import concentration, and demand trends by country over the past five years
- Benchmark industry competitiveness by country: Gain a systematic overview of a country’s export performance and its comparative and competitive advantages within a given sector. Get information on labor costs and productivity by industry and and even by product, and compare other business costs and efficiency and reliability such as transport and logistics, electricity, telecommunications
- Understand competition in global and regional markets: Identify the leading exporting countries for a given product, highlight a country’s position in world exports or in the imports of trade partners
- Analyze competition within a given market: Identify the main competitors by country and company and their market share; understand distribution channels, market dynamics, and drivers of competitiveness. Gain essential market intelligence from public and proprietary sources and our ability to analyze and interpret the data
- Review opportunities for product diversification in a specific market: Assess import demand for related products in the target market and identify opportunities to expand the range of products offered
- Understand tariffs and non-tariff barriers: Get information on a country’s tariffs, quotas, inspection of import goods, documentary requirements, and mandatory product standards
- Identify the best market access opportunities: Benefit from our detailed knowledge of changes in preferential market access agreements like NAFTA, Africa’s Tripartite Agreement, the Trans Pacific Partnership, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, regional trade blocs, U.s. and European bilateral free trade agreements, Generalized System of Preferences, and more.
- Gain a clear view of administrative and regulatory barriers to investment: Know about the cost, time, and complexities of registering a company, buying or leasing property, and obtaining operating licenses, environmental clearances, and health and safety certifications. Understand labor laws, worker skills and productivity, taxation, local content requirements, shareholder rights protection, and more
- Make strategic export, sourcing, and investment decisions: Integrate specific opportunities into coherent regional and global strategies and value chains
By using its Market Analytics system, Koios Associates can give its corporate clients a clear, unbiased and comprehensive guide to their global market development, investment and sourcing decisions. Though it is based on the best available statistics and quantitative analysis, a Market Analytics assessment also draws on years of direct experience doing business in emerging economies worldwide – essential for interpreting the data in ways that help clients make the best possible decisions.Great strategies can fail through poor implementation, especially in emerging economies where the rules of the game may be different. A Market Analytics evaluation is often the first step in a process that requires more detailed on-the-ground assistance to ensure successful implementation of strategies. Koios, with its direct experience in more than 60 countries and a global network of local and international experts, can help you match innovative strategy with flawless execution.
In addition to its corporate clients, many national and regional investment and trade promotion agencies have also benefited from Koios techniques and experience.